[Dixielandjazz] Encore 4.5 problem

John Farrell stridepiano at tesco.net
Wed Jul 20 23:09:07 PDT 2005

I've just finished transcribing a recording of James P. Johnson's "Jingles"
in Encore 4.5 but when I try to save the file as a midi (File/Save As/Midi)
an error message pops up telling me that there is a problem with this
operation. I've tried restarting to no avail. Only this file is affected,
all my other Encore files convert to midi quite happily.

The file is longish (23 pages), very fast (250 bpm) and there is a lot of
stuff going on in it such as changing the left hand to treble clef here and
there, plenty of right hand 8va etc. but nothing which I haven't done before
in other successful Encore to midi transfers.

I am aware that Encore 4.5 can be a little temperamental however if
something does not go as expected I can usually find a workaround. This
problem, one which I have never encountered before, has me stumped - any
suggestions?

John Farrell