[Dixielandjazz] Encore 4.5 problem

Andy.Ling at Quantel.Com Andy.Ling at Quantel.Com
Thu Jul 21 01:35:14 PDT 2005

John Farrell asks :-

> I've just finished transcribing a recording of James P. Johnson's
"Jingles"
> in Encore 4.5 but when I try to save the file as a midi (File/Save
As/Midi)
> an error message pops up telling me that there is a problem with this
> operation. I've tried restarting to no avail. Only this file is
affected,
> all my other Encore files convert to midi quite happily.

Any hints in the error message about what has gone wrong?

Nothing obvious like you've already got a MIDI file with the same name
that
has been set "read only"?

There are limits to what MIDI can do, but I'd be surprised if you have hit
them.

It might be worth putting the error message into google and see if
anyone else has had and answered the problem

Sorry not to be more helpful

Andy Ling