[Dixielandjazz] Re: Casper Milquetoast (was Pop and the singers)

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Jul 3 21:30:21 PDT 2005

Charlie Suhor said: "Thanks for the posting, Bill."

And thank you Charlie for a new word!
Milquetoast.
I checked it out, as you would expect, but must confess I have never come
across 'The Timid Soul' before.
I certainly do not recall him from my childhood.
And it's certainly not a word I can 'drop' into conversation at the pub this
afternoon, or at the quarterly 'old boys' musicians' lunch tomorrow.
I searched Google for a picture of him, but only came up with an early one.
My 'Encyclopeadia Of Comics' has a full description, but a badly reproduced
copy of him in a barber's chair.
As a product of the 1920s and the jazz age, did Casper Milquetoast ever get
involved with our music?
We learn something new every day on the DJML!
Kind regards,
Bill.