[Dixielandjazz] Chord Changes For Tunes - Band in a box on line.

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 12 09:30:33 PST 2005

You are welcome Stan.

January is when the band takes as much time off, from each other and from
the business of music, as we can in order to recharge. (only 4 gigs this
month)  And so I surf the net, post a lot on various chat lists, send out
promos to prospects, find some open mike venues, etc., in an effort to
expand my mind and keep from getting Alzheimer's.

Ever mindful of the following advice Ellis Marsalis gave to Branford when
Branford was young and they were discussing musical styles. Young Branford
felt he had listened to enough music and declared to his dad: "I know what I
like."

Ellis replied: "You don't know what you like, you like what you know. In
order to know what you like, you have to know everything."

Heavy S---!!!!!!

Cheers,
Steve