[Dixielandjazz] T'ain't or Tain't or Taint.

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 11 06:56:16 PST 2005

Listmates:

In all of our discussions about song title usage of T'ain't, and Tain't,
both of which are suspect as to being "correct" usage, we forgot the one
really correct version which is taint. (no apostrophe's anywhere) Taint is
found in all English dictionaries while the other versions are not.

Look it up in your dictionary for the definition.

Or, ask me, OFF LIST about the rather vulgar definition as proposed in the
punch line of a joke about human anatomy.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone