[Dixielandjazz] Cow Cow Blues

Trumpetom at aol.com Trumpetom at aol.com
Sat Jan 8 22:30:16 PST 2005

<<I have a suspicion that the composer is in fact Charles "Cow Cow"
Davenport. Does
anybody know?>>

My Anderson Fake book says "words and music by Charles Davenport(pianist
around Chicago & Cleveland in 30s & 30s) Recorded in 1928 by Chas. "Cow-Cow"
Davenport on Paramount 12452 & Brunswick 80022 (this was one of the first
boogie-woogie piano recordings) Also recorded (c.1940) by Freddie Slack Orches. w/Ella
Mar Morse on Vocal Capitol 1693. Also recorded by Bob Crosby Orch. (Dedcca

Tom Loeb
www.hotsytotsyboys.com