[Dixielandjazz] Re: Gary Moore LP -part 2

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jan 7 21:05:12 PST 2005

Dear John (and George),
Me again.
Further to your last post and the bit: > It maybe a soundtrack album from
the Chicago & All That Jazz show which appeared a few years ago under
Teagarden's name...........< has been bothering me.
As these things do.
Why did you mention "under Teagarden's name"?
Then the penny dropped.
At the Verve session, already referred to, some of the 26 Nov 1961 TV sound
track was pre-recorded (on 31 Oct 1961, according to Robert Hilbert).
A spoken Gary Moore introduction and 4 tunes - "China Boy/After You've
Gone/Indiana/Blues For Today/Royal Garden Blues".
All were issued in 1984 on LP (Pumpkin 115 'Jack Teagarden with His Sextet &
Eddie Condon's Chicagoans') with very informative notes by acknowledged Jack
Teagarden expert, Mr Joe Showler.
Which is obviously the album you had in mind.
So what am I doing now?
Replaying the Pumpkin LP after many years absence from my turntable.
Kind regards,
Bill.