[Dixielandjazz] Re: Dixieland at Carnegie Hall

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jan 7 15:18:34 PST 2005

Dear Charlie,
That 'Dixieland At Carnegie Hall' LP you have is exactly that.
>From two 'Dody in Dixieland' Carnegie Hall concerts, the first starting at
8.00pm on 1 Feb 1958 with the second one at midnight (2 Feb 1958).
Dody Goodman, a comedienne ('dumb' blonde from the Jack Paar Show), was the
'headliner'.
The event was produced by Rudy Taylor and parts from the concerts were
broadcast by CBS.
Apart from your Forum LP (SF 9011) the material was also issued on LP by
Columbia, Roulette and Storyville (Danish).
If I have this LP (which I do not recall), I can't find it.
I am not aware of any CD reissues.
There is always a new bit of information which pops up! I did not know that
Jimmy McPartland had an MC role.
Kind regards,
Bill.
PS: Maybe Steve Barbone recalls this concert, as he would have been a kid
playing around the NYC scene at this time.