Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] Time Wallpaper now Jimmy Durante

DWSI at aol.com DWSI at aol.com
Fri Jan 7 03:43:43 PST 2005

Does anyone remember if Jimmy Durante got his start  playing ragtime on Coney
Island? I remember reading a quote of his about I could  only play Dill
Pickles but they (the audience) always loved it. Later, I recall  someone writing
that he could only play the Maple Leaf Rag, a much more  difficult piece, so I
wonder which piece he could play. By the way, don't forget  his beloved radio
show, his always saying goodnight to Mrs. Callibash  (spelling?), and such
wonderful one liners as, "everybody wants to get into the  act," and "I've got a
million of em, (jokes)." A great entertainer  indeed!

Dan (piano fingers) Spink