[Dixielandjazz] Star Spangled Banner

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Fri Jan 7 00:06:57 PST 2005

In a message dated 1/6/05 9:57:18 PM Pacific Standard Time, dhs at ev1.net
writes:

> It may have been a coincidence, but in my opinion the Rose Bowl was also the
> most entertaining of the major bowl games, won by the University of Texas
> 28-27 on the game's final play.  I am not a Texas alum, but a lot of my
> friends are.  It was a happy weekend in Austin.
>
> Regards,
> Dave Stoddard
> Round Rock, TX

Yes it was Dave, however having lived in Texas for more years than I like to
remember, I refer to them as the "Dark Ages"  we should in all fairness tell
the members on this list who do not have that wonderful experience that in
Texas  or any other place they hold a sporting event, with a participant in the
competition that is from Texas, it is considered by all Texans as the Most
Entertaining event of the century,  be it a greased pig race, tractor pull, or cow
tipping competition, beer drinking, distance peeing, or whatever.

The Texans will bet on and root and cheer for anything From Texas  :))

Heck if they were hanging tow guys from a Tree they would root for the Texan
to die first. :))

And if he did they would name a Freeway after him or a beer or something.
:))

Cheers

Tom "Former Texan"  Wiggins

 I was kidnapped by my parents from California and forced to live there for
twelve years.    Fortunately I escaped and kidnapped them and my siblings and
sneaked them back to California in 1951.