[Dixielandjazz] Bass Ale Blues

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Jan 3 08:55:53 PST 2005

DJML--
     Searching through some old emails from DJML, i ran across Bill
Haesler's post from 2000 about the "Bass Ale Blues".  Now, being a
beer-enthusiast, i had to listen to this song, and found it at
http://www.redhotjazz.com/. It's quite a nice song, with interesting
sections and tempo-changes.
     The song is performed (and listenable) by the Original Memphis 5
and by The Hottentots (aka Red Nichols and friends), but neither page
mentions who plays the tuba solo. Does anyone know who this is?
Also, are there words to this song?  I happen to like Bass Ale quite
a bit, as do a number of my friends, and it would be a hoot to sing
along to.

     Dan
--
**  Dan Augustine     Austin, Texas     ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu  **
**     "E-mail is not to be used to pass on factual information       **