[Dixielandjazz] Tsunami Disaster Fund (was - How to be a successful bandleader) a bit OT...

David Richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Sun Jan 2 13:58:04 PST 2005

On Jan 1, 2005, at 11:42 PM, Zenith Sydney wrote:

> Our band has a benefit (musicians playing for free) open air concert
> gig at
> Manly Corso (where the annual Jazz festival is held) on Saturday 15th
> January (only the third gig for 2005) for the Tsunami Disaster Fund.
> The
> only problem we have left now is should we sell our CDs for free as
> well
> ???

it seems like (from this report, anyway)  that a big part of the
disaster relief could come from people booking holidays in Thailand
right away: http://www.image-asia.com/post_tsunami_phuket_krabi.htm

"The majority of hotels, beaches and tourist facilities in Phuket,
Krabi and Koh Lanta are operating normally."

I don't know if this is just a desperate marketing ploy or actual fact,
but read the article and look at the pictures!

Dave Richoux