[Dixielandjazz] Public Radio

Arnold Day arnieday at optonline.net
Sun Feb 27 16:07:30 PST 2005

I realise this subject can get a bit political, but when you examine it,
the total Federal funding for the whole of PBS (not just NPR) amounts to
almost exactly $1.00 per year (14% of PBS's operating costs) per person
in the United States. A bargain, I would say, for all the variety of
programs it brings....even if you weren't too happy with Ken Burn's
"Jazz"! What commercial broadcasting company would air that sort of
program?