[Dixielandjazz] Re: Public Broadcasting

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 26 16:19:04 PST 2005

"Ron L'Herault" <lherault at bu.edu> wrote (polite snip)

> I thank my lucky stars for public broadcasting, (etc)

I'm with you Ron. Without PBS, only 15% of which is funded by the
Corporation For Public Broadcasting's congressional appropriation, there
would have been no Ken Burns Jazz. No program on Blues, No Marion McPartland
piano Jazz which many of us jazz musos listen to every week, etc.., etc..,
etc. And no nightly news hour with Jim Lehrer.

Folks who are misinformed about funding for, (majority is PRIVATE GIFTS) and
programs by NPR and PBS, might get an education my visiting:

http://www.nprjazz.org/stations/index.html

http://www.npr.org/about/

http://www.cpb.org/about/

Lots of jazz on NPR and PBS, compared to FOX, ABC, NBC and CBS.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone