[Dixielandjazz] Re: Jam Bands

baglady4 at juno.com baglady4 at juno.com
Mon Feb 21 18:50:47 PST 2005

Steve Barbone writes:

<<<Often, we get posts about jam bands, how they are disorganized etc., and even when composed of GIANTS, how they sometime disintegrate into: "What Shall We Play", and other indecision that wastes time and mars the gig.

And on the other hand, sometimes they produce some magic.>>>>

and magic it was!!!!

I was there, and everything Steve says is true and more!!!  I have been to many NJ Jazz Society, and a handfull of PA Jazz Society events...and
never have seen members hang in until the end.....let's face it...most of the members are older that the musicians in Steve's band!!!!

But hang in they did...and for good reason....not just Jonathan Russell, who is everything Steve  says, and more (those who can get to the Greater CT Jazz Fest, in Moodus,CT  the end of July this summer can see him playing with the Galvanized Jazz Band and maybe also the Bearcats) but because the Barbone Street Jazz Band delivered outstanding music!!!!!

Nancie Beaven
Professional OKOM Appreciater