[Dixielandjazz] Grammys - getting their due?

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Tue Feb 15 14:06:15 PST 2005

In a message dated 2/15/05 1:37:38 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jazz_trombone at axint.net writes:

> But in all fairness, these "artists"
> and I use that term lightly, are providing a demand for the public. This
> is what the public wants. The public wants more sex, more violence more
> nastiness in their movies, tv and music. Sad but true.
>
> MB

I can't agree with that at all,

The public has been led to believe that they want it by the moguls who sell
it using the power of the major media to do so and keeping it in our faces at
every opportunity to do so even on the news.

I believe there are many many folks out there who are sick of it and do not
even watch or listen to it, most of them are probably on this list however, so
not enough to make a real difference.

Just think about when was the last time you saw something pleasant and
worthwhile on the news, they all want the sensationalism to attract the viewers and
listeners and readers to buy their services and programming.

The Land of the Free me thinks may have finally reached the peak of Freedom
and we actually have too much unchecked freedom in certain areas, where we
would be better served with a dose of common sense.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins