[Dixielandjazz] Grammys - getting their due?

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Tue Feb 15 13:54:03 PST 2005

In a message dated 2/15/05 1:29:51 PM Pacific Standard Time,
rakmccallum at hotmail.com writes:

> Along that line, I would like someone to explain the appeal of Paris Hilton.
>
>  She has got to be one of the most ignorant human beings ever born.  I
> suppose her "reality" show gets the same viewers who slow down to see a car
> accident.  She doesn't even pretend to have any talent.  Jessica Simpson is
> as dumb as a post too, but at least she can sing, and I give her and her
> husband some credit for trying to bring back the TV variety show.
>
> All the best,
> Rob McCallum

As usual Rob,

The Inmates are in charge of the Asylum.

The best answer I can think of is for Parents to cut off the allowances of
all those teens who are buying the rap CDs, Yeah Right!!!   it will probably
work about as well as it did on us when our parents forbid us to buy or listen to
Rock & Roll. :))

Most parents today are just too busy trying to make ends meet that they have
little or no time to monitor what the heck their kids are doing.

As long as Record labels can feed the frenzy or unbridled rebellious youth,
and take Mom and dad's money they will do so.

One could only hope that the hype of Ray Charles might actually turn a few of
them into real music listening and buying adults.  At least it is a Start,
but I would not hold my breath.

The radio station DJs here in California are still gushing over the EIGHT
GRAMMIES to Ray Charles, and talking about the great parties they attended after
the show.

It is all about the hype and party.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins