[Dixielandjazz] Grammys - getting their due?

Vaxtrpts at aol.com Vaxtrpts at aol.com
Tue Feb 15 12:33:22 PST 2005

In a message dated 2/15/2005 12:00:35 PM Pacific Standard Time,
#2 BAD NEWS

February 15, 2005 - NY TIMES - THE ASSOCIATED PRESS Filed at 7:58 a.m. EST

Grammy Awards Get Lowest Rating Since '95

Why is this bad news???? The grammys have become the epitome of bad taste and
even worse "music," if you can call much of what they present, music.  Could
it be that the American public is getting tired of that crap?  I guess though,
it could also mean that lots of teeny boppers, who the grammys really aim at,
may have been watching some stupid reality show, instead.
They don't even show any presentations of "good music" awards on the TV show,
they just announce before commercials about "previously awarded categories."
Yes, Ray Charles may have gotten some posthumous awards, but the still wasn't
enough to make me watch.  Some years I have looked in at times while watching
something else, but this year I didn't even look once.
Mike Vax