[Dixielandjazz] Grammys - getting their due?

Rob McCallum rakmccallum at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 15 13:28:06 PST 2005

I agree, for the most part.  Pop music has deteriorated to the point in
which murderers (Snoop Doggy Dogg) and wannabe gang bangers and their inane
ramblings have become the base of the pop music world.  Add to that watching
mediocre singers like Britney Spears flaunt their MTV-approved sexuality for
megabucks offends my musical sensibilities.  With few exceptions, all the
wrong people get those awards.  It's a big joke and there are a lot of
people laughing all the way to the bank.  For people like Snoop and the
other jackasses who romanticize ghetto violence to make millions selling
that crap to the kids, they actually make more money in the music business
than when they sold crack.

Along that line, I would like someone to explain the appeal of Paris Hilton.
  She has got to be one of the most ignorant human beings ever born.  I
suppose her "reality" show gets the same viewers who slow down to see a car
accident.  She doesn't even pretend to have any talent.  Jessica Simpson is
as dumb as a post too, but at least she can sing, and I give her and her
husband some credit for trying to bring back the TV variety show.

All the best,
Rob McCallum