[Dixielandjazz] 2nd verse to Honky Tonky Town

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 15 08:49:55 PST 2005

Hi to all of you who responded to my request for the second verse to "Down
in Honky Tonky Town."

Thanks a whole big bunch for your prompt replies. I really like the song and
have added it to the tune list.

The words in the 2nd verse refer to the "bom-ba-shay" which sounds to me
like a French term for a dance move involving the hips . . . sort of akin to
our famous burlesque "bump and grind" - but that's only an assumption on my
part. I may just be a courtsy in a minuet -- but I doubt that.

Anyway, thanks again for the assistance.

Best,

Bill "love the DJML" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com