[Dixielandjazz] Re: Warren Vache, Sr.

dingle at baldwin-net.com dingle at baldwin-net.com
Fri Feb 4 15:11:23 PST 2005

LeslieMRag at aol.com wrote:

>I'm very sorry to say that Warren Vache, Sr. died this morning, but I don't
>know any of the details. He was a great friend to jazz, a marvelous writer, a
>great storyteller, and a fine musician. The Mississippi Rag was proud to
>publish many of his articles, and I can recommend his various books (which include
>biographies of Claude Hopkins, Johnny Blowers, and PeeWee Erwin) without
>reservation. Our sympathy goes out to his wife, Madeline, and two sons, Allan and
>Warren, Jr., both excellent musicians themselves. Warren made many friends over
>the years and will be greatly missed.
>
>Leslie Johnson
>editor at mississippirag.com OR
>lesliemrag at aol.com.

It was a great pleaure to have Warren join us time to time on this
forum. Always interesting, and always a source of great
trivia that most did not know about, hence making us better informed.
To Allan and Warren, Jr, the Ingles add their condolances, nad our
wished for the good memories to wash away the sad ones.
Another elder of the tribe goes off to a better session with his equals.
Don Ingle