[Dixielandjazz] Re: Warren Vache, Sr.

LeslieMRag at aol.com LeslieMRag at aol.com
Fri Feb 4 14:12:35 PST 2005

I'm very sorry to say that Warren Vache, Sr. died this morning, but I don't
know any of the details. He was a great friend to jazz, a marvelous writer, a
great storyteller, and a fine musician. The Mississippi Rag was proud to
publish many of his articles, and I can recommend his various books (which include
biographies of Claude Hopkins, Johnny Blowers, and PeeWee Erwin) without
reservation. Our sympathy goes out to his wife, Madeline, and two sons, Allan and
Warren, Jr., both excellent musicians themselves. Warren made many friends over
the years and will be greatly missed.

Leslie Johnson
editor at mississippirag.com OR
lesliemrag at aol.com.