[Dixielandjazz] Can you listen to music and chew gum at the sametime?

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Wed Feb 2 10:09:40 PST 2005

Charlie wrote:

Interesting that around the late 70s, sophisticated restaurants (and now
coffee shops like Starbuck's) started playing modern jazz as background
music.

Charlie, I find it quite amazing to hear Miles Davis, etc., when I enter
into a department store in the U.S., after living in Spain for so many
years.  Unfortunatly, it must goin one ear & out the other for most
Americans, I fear, as the ones we encounter at our local clubs are not
particularly Jazz knowledgeable!

I suspect that Jazz may be used in those places mentioned as much of it is
instrumental, therefore not interferring with the chatter.

Jim