[Dixielandjazz] Not sleeping ?

Jon Stutler jon at razzmajazz.com
Wed Feb 2 05:57:00 PST 2005

Amen, Jim!  It's a real curse when I'm trying to just enjoy a group on CD. The interplay, the bass line, what would I play if in the group? The conversation between the lead and the banter between it and the rest of the front line are always intriguing. It's great! But, not so great, all at the same time for relaxation.

Then, there were those 15 years of junior high/high school band directing. Now, I'm critically listening to pitch and leading tones, how is the solo constructed, does it build, or is it all out and too busy for me. The drummer? If I can hear him sticking out and dropping bombs all over the tune, forget it!

It's like having those "voices inside my head". ARGhhh! Hand me the Prozac! But, I do love it so.

Jon
Razzmajazz    www.razzmajazz.com