[Dixielandjazz] Yacht club swing - where is Martha Tilton?

dingle at baldwin-net.com dingle at baldwin-net.com
Tue Feb 1 07:54:26 PST 2005

Richard Broadie wrote:

> Martha Tilton (Mrs. Jim Brooks) was living on Mandeville Canyon Road
> in Los
> Angeles the last time I visited her.
>
> A while ago there was an excellent band called the Palm Springs Yacht
> Club
> that had a double gag going for it.  1. Palm Springs is in the
> desert.  2.
> None of the band members ever lived in Palm Springs.  Rather like the
> Chicago 6's relationship with the city of Chicago.  (I once lived in
> Chicago
> and when ever I sit in with that band, I lend it true authenticity.
> :-)  )
>
> Dick Broadie
>
> we'll be hearing that Switzerland has a navy    :-)
>

>> And where is Martha Tilton?
>>
>> Pacifically,
>> Anton

I believe that my former Jazz Ltd. boss, and owner of that Chicago jazz
club, Bill Reinhardt moved to the San Diego
area after the long running club in th Big Windy closed. While there he
formed a band to play, and then gave in to age
and the nuisances of beign a leader agian. It is my understanding that
some, if not many, of his band evolved into the Chicago 6.
Perhaps someone will confirm or deny this information, but that was the
way I heered it.
Bill passed away several years ago in his 90's. I worked for him several
times, last time for a five-year span in the 60's.
Were I to ever to be a member of that Chicago 6 band, I would add a
double touch of authenticity. I was born in Chicago
and cam back from Califrnia to  work in Chicago. "Big shoulders" iz us!
Don Ingle