[Dixielandjazz] A whole new paradigm in singing!!

Hal Vickery hvickery at svs.com
Sat Dec 10 13:20:59 PST 2005

Not my point or anywhere near it.  The point is not one of these songs has
any mention of Christmas or holidays.  Ergo, they are not Christmas music.
We do get a nice trilogy of songs about a couple spending the night with
each other and the aftermath:

Baby It's Cold Outside (he tries to convince her to stay), Let It Snow x 3
(she's convinced), and Winter Wonderland (the morning after).

Then we have two songs about riding in a sleigh, but certainly not Santa's
sleigh.  They could all be played just as well in January or March, but
they're treated as Christmas songs for no apparent reason except the mention
of sleighs and snow, which can be used all winter.

Hal Vickery