[Dixielandjazz] A prayer for N.O.

Charlie Hooks charliehooks2 at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 29 11:38:31 PDT 2005

On Sunday, August 28, 2005, at 05:51 PM, Bill Gunter wrote:

> None of us were alive on September 8, 1900 in Galveston, Texas where
> a hurricane killed six thousand (SIX THOUSAND!!) people!

My grandmother was alive and she survived the storm!  Many did not.

There is a superb booklength account of this storm called, Isaac's
Storm, written by Eric Larson, the author of The Devil in  the White
City.   I guarantee you won't be able to put either one down.
Katerina almost certainly will not rival the Galveston storm, but it
is already (at 1:30 PM on Monday) bad enough!    Check out this
website:

			http://www.randomhouse.com/features/isaacsstorm/