[Dixielandjazz] Pismo Beach info

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 28 16:30:46 PDT 2005

Hi All,

Ringwald writes (concerning the Pismo Beach Jubilee-By-The-Sea):

>Dan, Pismo Beach is a very small town.  We usually stay at the Edgewater,
>805/773-4811
>
>The Edgewater is owned by Hardy Hearn who is a big Jazz supporter.
>
>There is usually a venue at the Edgewater.

I recently spoke to George Smith, director of the Pismo affair, and he
informed me that the skyroom at the top of the Edgewater will not be a venue
this year.

Here is an exerpt from the story I wrote about the 2005 Pismo festival for
the American Rag:

-----> start clip

The festival headquarters again this year will be the Veterans Memorial
Building at 780 Bello Street in Pismo Beach. The Jubilee-By-The-Sea will
have a total of six venues (five with dance floors) and they are: The
Veterans Memorial Building, Marie Callenders, the Shorecliff Tent and and
the Pacific Room (also at the Shorecliff Hotel) and two tents at the cluster
of Outlet Stores located at the south end of Pismo Beach. The festival will
provide free shuttle busses for transportation between venues.
	For ordering admission tickets to this great festival you may phone either
805-481-7840 or 805-773-2241. Visa and MasterCard are accepted. Tickets are
also available by mail by writing to Jubilee-By-The-Sea, c/o Basin Street
Regulars, P.O. Box 356, Pismo Beach, CA 93448, or may be picked up at the
Veterans Memorial Building beginning Friday, October 29 at 10 am. All Events
Admission Tickets are $70.

-----> end clip

Hope this is of some value to festival goers on the DJML.

Cheers,

Bill "Thimbles" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com