[Dixielandjazz] gig bags

Larry Walton Entertainment larrys.bands at charter.net
Fri Aug 26 11:49:40 PDT 2005

Actually she did calm down after a while and I did talk with her for a few
minutes when the plane landed.  I did introduce myself and assured her that
I had been very careful and that I had recognized what it was.  I did let
her know that  I had an aversion to gig bags because horns can get damaged
easily.  She did turn out to be OK.

I have a semi soft Selmer tray pack case for my alto and it's prone to
damage the horn if I'm not careful.  That's why I got it in the first place.
The AF threw out all of those cases because they just couldn't take being
thrown into the back of trucks with everything else.  I really have a low
opinion of gig bags.  A friend of mine got a new Selmer alto and a brand new
gig bag.  Someone left it on the driveway behind the car and it got
flattened like a beer can.  This was the first night out too.

The guys at the repair shop think of them as their best friend.

Larry
St. Louis