[Dixielandjazz] Schools Dumbing Down The Music?

Bob Romans cellblk7 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 24 08:14:50 PDT 2005

Hi Listmates!
Can any of you remember when the Beatles and Elvis  hit the scene/top
charts? Remember the reaction all of the sexy little teeny boppers had! Then
all of the boys who were going through puberty, and all THAT entails, saw
what it took to get the girls...LOUD DRUMS and AMPLIFIED GUITARS...how many
Dixieland/OKOM  bands have those two ingredients?
We have to remember that the kids today have developed their taste for music
from THEIR dumbed-down parents/grandparents! We should just be happy playing
for whomever will listen to us until we can discover that magic here-to-for
unknown trick to get an audience who can appreciate what it takes to learn
how to play OKOM! It will NEVER be as popular again as it once was. Get used
to it.
Warm regards,
Bob Romans,
Cell Block 7 Jazz Band