[Dixielandjazz] Schools Dumbing Down The Music?

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 24 06:17:29 PDT 2005

I'm with Mike Vax. It isn't the schools.

As I've posted before, Barbone Street does some school programs. Elementary
level, ages 5 to 10 years old. The kids love it. The teachers love it. They
find ways to finance it.

Our public performances attract kids. The love the music and dance to it.

Why then does this not happen all over the USA? Why does Dixieland get
ignored among the kids?

Simple, they don't get to hear it because most Dixieland Bands do not play
where the kids are. Whose fault is that? Ours!!!!!

Cheers,
Steve