[Dixielandjazz] Clues?

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Thu Aug 18 21:04:50 PDT 2005

As faar as I can figure out, most of the readers of the free hard copy
version of Offbeat are local Gen X to Gen Z folks (and fringes of that
set.) They, and most everybody else who read it (magazine and on-line )
are people who regularly go to JazzFest and/or are interested in all
sorts of New Orleans music - as the poll reflects. Articles and reviews
in the magazine cover all those kinds of music, so I am not surprised.

I don't think they are trying to especially attract the typical tourist
or the ( narrow interpretation) OKOM fan to their readership. The
advertisements reflect this and the magazine is doing pretty well, last
I heard.

I read it whenever I see a copy and I get their weekly on-line
newsletter. There have been many articles over the years that would in
fact interest OKOM fans, but it is not trying to be the Mississippi (or
American) Rag...

Dave Richoux