[Dixielandjazz] Digging The Music

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 16 14:12:04 PDT 2005

Cebuisle2 at aol.com wrote (polite snip)

> Years ago (when I was single, or course) I accepted a fan's invitation to
> accompany her home after the gig. She promptly undressed, got into bed, and I
> prepared to do likewise.
> The radio by the bedside was softly playing-Dixieland! from a Connecticut
> jazz station on FM. I grabbed it, turned up the volume and sat there for a
> half
> hour listening to those wonderful sounds! The lady remarked that she "needed
> a  man a lot more than I needed a woman" and I excused myself and beat a
> retreat.
> Some of us really dig the  music!

Ha, Ha. So a quickie during a commercial was out of the question? Gosh, in
the old days how sweet it would have been to share a cigarette while
listening to the music . . . afterwards. You don't happen to have that phone
number lying around do you? :-) VBG.

Cheers,
Steve (main reason to play jazz is to get chicks) Barbone