[Dixielandjazz] Re: Presidential Music

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Sat Aug 13 22:44:28 PDT 2005

Well all I can contribute to this is that perhaps all of these are
favorites of Bill Clinton because he can play a Sax solo on the melody
of them all by heart as they say down in Arkansas  :))

On the other hand,, I was playhing Harlem Nocturne before David Sanborn
was born. and furthermore I still am not going to play The
Sheepherder's Lament, even if Art Tatum did play it, heck maybe he was
into Ewe's way back them or toured in Big Sheep countries too many
times and hung out after hours with sheepherders.   I always thought
sheepherders were into flutes how did Tatum get a piano out on the
rolling hills?  They didn't have electric ones in his day did they?"

in the still mortal lyrics of Sly Stone:   Theme song from "SHREK" just
in case any of you missed the original recording by Sly.
We don't need no music,  All we need is a drummer!!!!   So the Dancers
just won't Hide.  hummmm!!!   perhaps he had something there, since
this tune hit about the time Jazz went out of style as dance music and
became HIGH ART.  1960,s

Cheers,

Tom Acoustic Wiggins