[Dixielandjazz] Re: Presidential Music

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sat Aug 13 20:16:29 PDT 2005

> Let's see, the last time I looked, with the exception perhaps of "My One &
Only Love -1953 by Mellin & Wood, the rest are Great American Songbook Tunes
or Gospel which surely qualify as OKOM even for the most square of us.<

A good try Steve!
But wot about the rest of the CD?
Here are the 11 tracks:
"My One and Only Love" by John Coltrane
"Harlem Nocturne" by David Sandborn
"My Funny Valentine" by Miles Davis
"The Town I Loved So Well" by Phil Coulter
"There Will Never Be Another You" by Art Tatum
"Summertime" by Zoot Sims
"In the Presence of Jehovah" by Mickey Mangun
"Nostalgie" by Igor Butman
"I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel to Be Free" by Nina Simone
"Take My Hand, Precious Lord" by Mahalia Jackson
"Chelsea Morning" by Judy Collins.

I'm with Mike.
Apart from the Art Tatum item, there is certainly no OKOM there for me.
But you knew that, didnya?.
8>)
Kind regards,
Bill.