[Dixielandjazz] Music is ?

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Fri Apr 22 22:53:52 PDT 2005

> One literal example is Respighi's "Pines of Rome" wherein he has recorded bird calls noted in the score to be played in concert.
>
> In another more figurative context, Beethoven in the second movement of the Pastoral Symphony has scored the flutes and piccolos to play cuckoos and bird calls.
>
> I'm sure there are more but those two immediately spring to mind.

Handel's *Israel in Egypt* has an entire section where the music totally
represents the plagues Moses inflicted, the plague of the flies being
the most eerie, particularly for the 18th century listening public!,
--
Etc,

Fr M J "Mike" Logsdon
Special Assistant to the Presiding Archbishop
North American Old Roman Catholic Church (Utrecht Succession)
www.naorc.org