[Dixielandjazz] Music is ?

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 22 22:38:21 PDT 2005

LARRY'S Signs and Large Format Printing wrote:

>There was a tune out in the late 50's early 60's called Quiet Village.  It
>used all sorts of calls.  I always thought it was a cool song but for this
>one exception I'm not much for the bird calls etc.

There are other examples.

One literal example is Respighi's "Pines of Rome" wherein he has recorded
bird calls noted in the score to be played in concert.

In another more figurative context, Beethoven in the second movement of the
Pastoral Symphony has scored the flutes and piccolos to play cuckoos and
bird calls.

I'm sure there are more but those two immediately spring to mind.

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "Tweet Tweet" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com