[Dixielandjazz] Thanks & Question

Elazar Brandt jazzmin at actcom.net.il
Fri Apr 22 00:40:55 PDT 2005

Hello again,

Thanks to all who responded to my query about re-establishing contact with the DJML. I was beginning to think maybe I was dead and
didn't know it yet.  :-)   You know what they say, just because I am paranoid doesn't mean the world really isn't out to get me.

OK, so now that contact is re-established, I have a question. While perusing the DJML website to reset my list options, I discovered
a place where list members' bands list their CDs. There was an inviting sense of promise that I might be able to the same for my
group. But I searched the page and found no instructions or indications of how to do this. Can anyone enlighten me as to how to
accomplish this feat?

In other news, Dr. Jazz has landed two separate gigs with Israel's Nature Reserve Authority during Passover week. Since we've been
back out playing in town, the calls are starting to come in again. Two separate workers heard us and called to book us for two
separate events -- one in the Jerusalem forest (as in, "if a jazz band plays in the forest, does it make music?"), and one in the
courtyard of their lovely Jerusalem headquarters. They assure us there will be other gigs coming since they hold concerts in their
courtyard throughout the year. Funny, we get much more attention and much more business from the Sephardic/Middle Eastern Israelis
than from the Anglo crowd, which is fine with me. Hebrew University booked us again for the 3rd time. Our card is getting passed
from department to department there, apparently. Gee, aren't satisfied customers wonderful?!

Another fun gig the other night: I played tuba with another trad band lead by Stan Ross, a long time immigrant from Scotland. His
group, the Stompers, have long-term connections with the US and British embassies and get a lot of gigs there. This week was the
Queen's birthday celebration, a national holiday I guess, and we played for the party at the British Ambassador's home in Tel Aviv.
Nice to see how the other half lives now and then.

On that note, I'm off to my friends' dairy farm for Passover. Happy holiday to my landsmen, and happy whatever to everyone else.

Elazar
Misrad HaJazz
Doctor Jazz Band
Jerusalem, Israel