[Dixielandjazz] The Gig

LARRY'S Signs and Large Format Printing sign.guy at charter.net
Wed Apr 20 14:54:53 PDT 2005

Some years ago I booked, through a local agency a resort gig, very much like
the one in the movie.  The people that booked us sold the resort shortly
after they booked us.  We had no idea that this had happened.  The old
owners wanted jazz i.e. OKOM.  The new owners wanted C&W.  The agent said no
dice on canceling the contract so we ended up spending two weeks working for
a very hostile client.  They tried to back out on everything but ended up
just making the two weeks memorable for the bad accommodations and service.
We got paid but it wasn't fun.  So in short, been there done that got the
Tee shirt.
Larry Walton