[Dixielandjazz] The Gig

Custode at aol.com Custode at aol.com
Tue Apr 19 12:33:55 PDT 2005

In a message dated 4/19/2005 1:15:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
LRG4003 at aol.com writes:

But I've  never heard of the film.  Who's seen
it?  Good   soundtrack?

K.C. Clarinetist (and movie guy

I really enjoyed this movie!  If you haven't seen it yet, track it  down.
The interesting thing about this movie is that the members of the  band parallel
so closely members of actual working bands!  This movie truly  shows the
music business as it really exists in numerous aspects: the business  and talent
elements, as well as, the way that life experiences both hinder  and nurture
music performance.  (I really feel for the poor clarinet  player!)

I only wish it were available on DVD.  I'd host a "The Gig" Movie  Night
Party once a year!

Try to track it down...you won't be sorry.

Lewis D.  Custode, Jr., CLU, ChFC, CASL
_LDC Advisory  Services_ (http://www.myfinancialpro.net/custode)