[Dixielandjazz] Re: best musician in The Gig

Custode at aol.com Custode at aol.com
Tue Apr 19 12:41:11 PDT 2005

In a message dated 4/19/2005 2:17:54 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jazzboard at hotmail.com writes:

Cleavon  Little is the bass player...Actually
he's the best musician of the bunch.

I think I would tend to disagree with this assessment.  I think he is  truly
the only working musician in the group; making a living solely off of  music.
However, if you remember the film, Vache is accepted by the  bass player as
"his" equal.  In fact, I remember something to the  effect that he gave up his
music career for his family.  The  scene with him practicing in the kitchen
shows that although he has left the  music business behind, he still is a great
musician.

Lewis D.  Custode, Jr., CLU, ChFC, CASL
_LDC Advisory  Services_ (http://www.myfinancialpro.net/custode)