[Dixielandjazz] Inaugural march of the "Maine Street Paraders"

Craig I. Johnson civanj at adelphia.net
Wed Apr 20 10:07:14 PDT 2005

COME ONE COME ALL.

Just so any of you who travel "Down" to Maine anytime in the near
future can look us up, I want to announce the debut of the
"Maine Street Paraders". Rick Knittel and I have scrounged up a
gig at the "Bull and Claw" restaurant on Route 1 in Wells, Maine.
If you're familiar with the area, it is right across the street from the "Maine Diner"
and has equally good and relatively inexpensive food. It It is also on Routes US 1& ME 9
(going North from Wells) just before the turnoff to route 9 to Kennebunk and Kennebunkport.

Our first gig of a weekly series is 7-9 P.M. Fri April 6, so if you get there at
5 or 6 you could get a nice meal and hear some great muwsic. We MAY
switch to Thurs nite after the first gig, but that's not decided yet. Will let you know.

The Maine Street Paraders number (normally) 6 oldsters or semi-oldsters with a 15 year old
(phenomenal) drummer..Rick of course plays trombone, and I the cornet. We
will be joined by clarinet, banjo/guitar, tuba, keyboard, rounding out a full Trad
(or what you will) jazz band. We describe the music as Early jazz of the New Orleans,
Kansas City, Chicago & New York styles with ventures into Swing. You might
even hear a Beatles, Elvis,  or other out-of-genre tune from time to time, but in the
Trad style.

OK, you "Right-Coasters" come have some fun with us on the "rock-bound coast."
(At present: cover charge for hecklers only.)
(Wayward "Left-Coasters" also welcome,) ( or is that description redundant?)

"A toot allure",

Craig Johnson
Cornet player & nemesis of the striped bass. - (No that is not a striated, stringed instrument.)