[Dixielandjazz] Thanks re Don Gumpert

Don Gumpert dongumpert at cox.net
Sun Apr 3 20:51:15 PDT 2005

Just a brief note to thank everyone for the kind comments I have received!
As you can see, I can't bring myself to change screen names, maybe later.
There will be some memorial sessions in the near future: April 17 in St.
Louis at Helen Fitzgerald's (named after Don's mother)and April 24 in
Pensacola at Seville Quarter where Don spent most of his life (so it seems).
Also, I have a feeling the Pensacola Jazz Festival on April 9-10 will be
dedicated to his memory.
I will be in New Orleans on Thursday, April 7 and look forward to meeting
Bob Ringwald and friends at the Grand Palace Hotel.  If any of you live
in/near St. Louis, please let me know if you might make it to that event.
By the way, it seems Don was treated to the first ever jazz funeral in Fort
Walton Beach.  One friend commented: "Only Gump had the ability to stop all
traffic in Fort Walton Beach at lunchtime!"
Regards,
Sandy Gumpert