[Dixielandjazz] Nutty art

John Farrell stridepiano at tesco.net
Mon Apr 4 01:25:14 PDT 2005

Is this kind of thing going a little too far under the banner of art? It
comes from another list to which I belong (in reply to a request for
something interesting to do during a visit to Austin, Texas)  :

"And if you happen to have a little free time Thursday afternoon, on your
way
to the LBJ Library, you might want to check out the Edible Book Festival at
UT's
Collections Deposit Library, 1810 Red River (corner of MLK).  The Edible
Book
Fest is an international event in which creative types make book-style works
of art out of food.  The Austin event is organized by students from the
Kilgarlin
Center for the Preservation of the Cultural Record, of which I am one.  My
entry is a book-on-tape made out of fettuccine, but it's too soon to tell if
it's going to work."

Anyone like to try making a sousaphone out of spaghetti?

John Farrell