[Dixielandjazz] Misrepresentation?

Bert Joss jaroberts at webtv.net
Fri Apr 1 08:24:42 PST 2005

     I recently ordered a double CD from Worlds Records of '40's big
bands issued by a company called "Soundies".
I was expecting the sound tracks of "Soundies", film clips of big bands
that were played on juke-boxes with viewing screens around1943 or so.
They were NOT Soundies sound tracks! Was I wrong in feeling I had been
misled?
    And BTW, why haven't the original Soundies been reissued on DVD? I
for one would buy the lot!
      Cheers from Bert Joss, still in Florida. (And now 80 years old!)

jaroberts at webtv.net