[Dixielandjazz] linking threads - were - Re: Janet Klein, Re: My Girl's Monkey (was Candy Candido which was FH5, More on Disney)

Tony Orr torr at alphalink.com.au
Mon Sep 27 06:09:19 PDT 2004

Janet Klein's website gives details of artists appearing in her Parlor
boys including Robert Armstrong who recorded with the Cheap Suit
Serenaders and Ian Whitcombe. Stan Brager mentions Ian Whitcomb as
having recorded "My Girl's Pussy". Robert Crumb and His Cheap Suit
Serenaders isssued a 78RPM recording about 1980 with "My Girl's Pussy"
on one side and an extremely ribald (i.e. no double entendre) version of
"Christopher Columbus" on the other.

The clips from the cds sound great

Tony Orr
Melbourne