[Dixielandjazz] ODJB extreme trivia

MARTNO1 at aol.com MARTNO1 at aol.com
Sun Sep 19 20:57:08 PDT 2004

Now that the heading has delivered its proper warning....
There's a common cover for the early ODJB sheet music - an orange, black and
white photo of the band, with the listings underneath of the early songs
written by the band. Large format, copyright 1918. Several ODJB tunes were
published with this same cover. There's another cover for Bluin' the Blues, small
format and with a different photo of the ODJB, but also copyright 1918. Anyway, on
ebay a couple of months ago, there was a listing for Bluin' the Blues in the
large format, usual orange, black and white cover. Since I only had the small
format one, I bid on this and won it. The interesting thing, though, when it
arrived, was nothing to do with Bluin the Blues. This is the fifth ODJB tune
I've purchased with the orange and white cover. All the others, in the listings
at the bottom, list Fidgety Feet. This one lists War Cloud. It was neat to see
the evidence of the earlier title.
     Us lawyers live for small details. Particularly when they prove the case.
Audrey Van Dyke
(Hi Margaret!)