[Dixielandjazz] Re: Bass Amplification

Michael Woitowicz banjobarons at nconnect.net
Sat Sep 11 08:43:55 PDT 2004

Nice explanation, Pat. You're right on!

I always ask my bassist to amplify, except if we're strolling. In the case
of my Banjo Barons trio, there is a lot of sound at the treble side of the
equation with two banjos, and the bass sound is a necessity to balance it
out.

It doesn't take much -- but the balance is much, much better when there is a
small amount of amplification. Otherwise, the base gets lost in the mix. It
can be heard on stage, but not much in the audience.

Mike Woitowicz
The Banjo Barons Ragtime Band
www.banjobarons.com

The Dixie Barons Dixieland Band