[Dixielandjazz] "Orchestra" as opposed to "band"

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Wed Sep 8 16:19:34 PDT 2004

tubaman at batnet.com writes:

> Up-Marketing!
>
> I did a party gig for University of Califorina Berkeley a bout a year ago for
background music, with an electric piano and drums and when I got there they
had it billed in the program as:

Tom Wiggins and his Orchestra,

I am still laughing at that .  I played with brushes the whole time and the
academic folks danced leading with their left foot, and loved it, talk about
smooth jazz, Heck I played it long before they invented it ( at least by today's
standards)  :)

In all fairness, maybe they were all left handed, didn't mean to insult any
lefties out there.

Cheers,

Tom