FW: [Dixielandjazz] the nostalgia trap

Hans Koert koerthchkz at zeelandnet.nl
Sun Oct 10 01:32:29 PDT 2004

Al suggested " to be careful of the "NOSTALGIA TRAP" !!"  : I've been
sitting on the sidelines listening to the recollections of the past. I,like
everyone, enjoy looking backwards............... Trust me I think it is
wonderful   to honor the land marks of the past,the music,the physical
relics  ....ALL of it....I  just suggest caution lest we lose the delicious
miracle of NOW!!!! .

Thanks Al, some wise words !!
I visited our annual meeting yesterday and saw all those "young" grey-heared
man (me included) taking a bath in nostalgia.

Keep swinging
Hans Koert
http://members.lycos.nl/keepswinging/